Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What a week

Midway through my first week home as a mommy of two has gone pretty smoothly. What a difference it makes to have daddy home. Next week when he goes back to work could be interesting. Caiden isn't real excited about going to school right now, but I think it's because he knows we are at home. Once he gets there, he enjoys it.
And speaking of school, Daddy stayed home with Bennett this morning and I went on my first outing since Bennett joined our family. After taking Caiden to school and a quick trip to Wal-Mart, I stopped by the elementary school and picked up the paperwork to register Caiden for Kindergarten. I want to cry just thinking about it (and it has nothing to do with hormones, I swear). My baby going to school! If you remember, back in August of last year I started him in a new daycare center/preschool. It was rough going for the first couple of weeks, and I dread doing that all over again for Kindergarten. I'm hoping to send him to the same school as one of his preschool buddies so he at least knows one person.
Bennett is doing wonderful. A nurse came to our home on Monday to check up on him and me, and we both passed with flying colors. He is back up to 8lbs 10 oz after being down to 8lbs 6oz the day we left the hospital. He is letting mommy get about 4 hours of sleep at a time at night, which is AWESOME. I cannot complain one bit about it. It is still tough getting up in the middle of the night, and when he does get up, he stays awake for about 2 hours before he goes back to sleep, but still, I get FOUR HOURS OF SLEEP AT ONE TIME!! For those of you who don't know, when Caiden was a baby, he didn't sleep at night, at all. He would finally fall asleep between 5 and 7 in the morning.
So, all in all, it has been a wonderful week so far!

No comments: