Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sleepy Wrap Baby Carrier Review

I know that baby carriers have some bad press right now because of the baby sling recall, but not all slings and wraps are bad. In fact, I think most of them are safe as long as you follow the directions of the carrier and wear your baby the way the carrier was intended.

That being said, I wanted to share my experience with the newest baby carrier I have purchased. When I was pregnant, I asked around in my mommy online community to get some recommendations for a baby carrier. I had tried one style with my first son, and it worked ok, but it was difficult for me to use because you had to put the child into the carrier and then finish tying it. I was always afraid I was going to drop my son. Also, my personal preference has always been a wrap type carrier over a sling because I feel that an infant is much safer in a wrap. (This is just my personal feeling, and I felt like this with my first son as well; long before the recall came out.) So after looking into the different types that were recommended to me, I decided to go with the Sleepy Wrap. There were two major reasons I chose this wrap over all of the others:
  1. You tie the wrap completely before you put the child in; and
  2. it is reasonably priced;
It took some practice to tie the Sleepy Wrap correctly. Using the directions provided on Sleepy Wrap's website, along with a couple of videos I found on YouTube, I finally felt comfortable enough to try putting something in my wrap...but before I put my 2 week old child in it, I started with the Curious George doll that my dog is cuddling with in this post.

Finally, I was ready to actually put Bennett in the wrap. The first time he didn't like it too much. But about 2 days ago I really had some house work to be done and Bennett was having trouble getting to sleep. So, I got out my Sleepy Wrap, got Bennett all nestled in and started clearing the dishwasher. He was asleep in a matter of minutes and I got all my dishes done!

I absolutely love this wrap. Like I said it takes a little practice to get it tied right, but after you do, it works wonderfully from newborn infant, all the way up to a toddler.

Please note, I was not compensated in any way to write this review. I just wanted let my readers know about this wonderful wrap.

No comments: