Sunday, February 1, 2009

Schoolin' Mamma




I have started my second semester of school. I will have completed my fourth class next Thursday, and only have about a million more to go! But I received a pleasant surprise in the mail a couple of weeks ago...a postcard that annouced I had made the Dean's List my first semester! It's been so long since I have been in school I forgot all about that. So, like I said, it was a pleasant surprise.
I seem to be doing well in my current class, which is Human Biology. My next class is American History. And while that subject tends to bore me, I am excited by the fact that it isn't a science class. I've only had one other class that wasn't a science class!
What's interesting about the program I am in, is that it is called the "Advance" program. No, that doesn't mean I'm super smart (that's just a bonus *wink*). It is a program designed for adults who work full time and are returning to school. Each class is only 5 weeks long (there are a few that are 10 weeks) and you meet once a week for 4 hours. It's tough because the classes go by so quick and there is always a lot to jam in those five weeks. But I should complete by BA in about 3 years.


I'm at the community college right now, but after my next class, I will be done there and will transfer to a private 4 year college, which also has the same Advance program. It is a challenge, and adds even more chaos to my life, but I have a feeling life is only going to get busier as my child gets older.
If you are in Iowa, you can check it out at www.kirkwood.edu/advance

No comments: