Saturday, February 7, 2009

Healthier Eating


I've said it time and time again...I need to loose weight and start eating healthier. I've tried many things, but just never stick to it for very long. Well, as part of one of my homework assignments for my Human Biology class, I was asked to keep track of what I ate for 3 days and evaluate it according to to updated food pyramid. So I tracked my food and then when to the Government's site. Have you been to their site lately? It is full of wonderful, interactive information. And what is most exciting to me, it also has the daily recommendations for preschoolers and older children. I have tried to find out the recommended amounts of each food group my 3 year old should be getting, but I have never been very successful. This site has a special plan just for him! So, I urge everyone to check it out and see what you have been missing! http://www.mypyramid.gov/

No comments: