Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wii EA Sports Active


Hubby and I are on a mission to lose weight. We started by watching what we eat and taking the dog for a walk every day. It was a good start, but it didn't take us long to figure out that we needed to do more than that…we needed some type of strength training. So my hubby started searching on line. He came across a game that was coming out soon called EA Sports Active. We looked at it, thought it looked cool and put it out of our minds. A couple of weeks later I saw Allison Sweeney, on the Ellen show talking about EA Sports Active. Listening to her and her love for it, we decided to order it.

In addition to the game we got a leg strap that hold the nun chuck for some of the exercises and a resistance band with handles. (If you have a Wii balance board, you can use it with some of the Active exercises.) We ordered an additional accessory pack with another leg strap and resistance band so we could work out together. The day after we received it, I decided to take it for a test run. I set up my user profile and then I was ready to exercise.

One of the great things about this game is that it has full exercise routines already set up for you, with easy, medium and hard intensity levels. I selected one of the easier routines since I was pretty out of shape. Not more than 5 minutes into the exercise routine and I was already sweating. The next day I went to work with an embarrassing announcement. A video game had completely kicked by butt. I was sore for 2 days! I have tried other exercise games on the Wii and nothing compares to this game.

This entire game was developed with the help of Bob Greene, and if you watch Oprah, you know who Bob Greene is. He is the person behind the www.thebestlife.com. Right now I'm half way through the 30 day challenge on this game. Just when I was thinking that the exercises were getting a little bit easier, Mr. Greene comes on the screen and says congrats on making it half way through the challenge. For the second half of the challenge, we are going to change up the exercises bump up the intensity. Great…(insert sarcasm here).

But if you are looking for a new exercise routine to firm up or lose weight, I highly recommend you check out Wii's EA Sports Active. Their website also has more information on how to get fit and healthy, including a modivation center. This game is well worth the money. It's like having a personal trainer right in your home, for a fraction of the cost.




No comments: