Friday, August 28, 2009

School - Week 2

Week 2 of school is now done. How did the week go you ask?

Monday was just as I expected...or maybe even worse. It was worse than any day last week when I dropped him off. He cried which I was expecting. I wasn't really expecting him to latch on to my leg and beg me not to go or take him with me. And when the teacher finally took him, I really didn't expect him to yell for mommy. Good thing he didn't do that last week, or I would have lost it...bawling with him. But this week, I'm better...I'm over the crying. I still feel bad for him, but I know he enjoys himself once he warms up.

Tuesday and Wednesday were much better. He still wasn't real excited to be there...told me he didn't want to go. But he put a brave face on (possibly for Mommy) and didn't cry. Although Tuesday he told me that all the Mommies were staying at school with the kids that day...as we are staring at an almost empty parking lot.

Thursday for some reason unknown to me, he went back to crying and yelling for Mommy. I told him this morning that it was because we forgot his Mommy's kisses sticker. This morning went really well...I would say the best morning so far :) He was running to the classroom, pretty happy to be there. Got just a little bit sad when I said it was time to go, but after a final kiss and hug, he said "bye mom" waived and I left.

The teacher said he is starting to come out of his shell and talk more...even if for now it is mostly to her. He did tell me that Cole is a boy and he is funny...and that he laughed 5 times today. I think a little girl there might have a crush on him. She came and told me and Caiden that she liked the sharks on his shirt this morning.

So, all in all, it was a better week, but again, Monday will be interesting.


No comments: