Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ramblings of a Sleep Deprived Mama

Bennett is now 5 weeks old and we have yet to get on a schedule. I better start one soon, because I go back to work in less than three weeks...YIKES!! It sometimes feels like his schedule is getting more and more off; he is starting to sleep more during the day and not so much at night. Of course, I do believe my child knows that he is slowly torturing me at night, because right when I have about had enough at night, I get him out of his bed praying he will go back to sleep, and he will look right at me, coo and smile. Melts my heart every time!

It is still weird for me to say the "kids" or the "children" instead of just Caiden. New flash to self...I now have 2 children! Get used to it!


Is it strange that I sometimes wish I was still in the hospital? Ok, really it didn't feel like a hospital, more like a hotel room, with a hospital bed in it. I mean come on...I had nurses and doctors at my finger tips if I had any questions, someone else to stay up with the baby all night long until I was ready for the baby in the morning, no worries about laundry or cleaning the house, visitors to chat with throughout the day...all I had to do was put my feet up and rest. I even had someone else to change most of the poopy diapers!!! How could you not miss it at times?

And while I was up in the wee hours of the morning one day, I found my mind wandering to Michelle Duggar...you know, the 19 children and counting woman from Arkansas. When was the last time she got to sleep through the night? She has been pregnant or had a newborn for like the last 20 years or something, and I know she breastfeeds, so no one else can get up for the midnight feedings. I have been doing it for 5 weeks...maybe the last 3 months if you count my inability to go all night long without peeing in my last couple of weeks of pregnancy....and I just can't WAIT to sleep for 6 or 7 hours at night.

No comments: