Monday, May 18, 2009

Lessons Learned

A few weeks ago I posted about a co-worker of mine and our Campaign against Squatting (if you missed it, click here). Later that week I received another email with her lessons learned for the week. I have told this person she needs to wear a helmet cam every day of her life...I'm pretty sure she could have some pretty interesting footage.

Life is just a big series of learning events, isn't it? And to think that I, at
age 31, am still learning some pretty big lessons. Below are 3 lessons that I
have learned this week, that I thought I'd pass along.

1. Look on the bathroom stall floor to make sure nobody has peed on it.

2. Police officers cannot slim jim into your car to remove a toddler who is locked inside. Also interesting, they don't like to be referred to as "Captain Obvious" when
they tell you that leaving your keys in the ignition was probably not the best idea.

3. Never, ever, under any circumstance, try to envelop a tow truck driver in a loving embrace, no matter how elated and relieved you may be to get your 2-year old out of a locked van. Apparently, tow truck drivers do not = huggers. Just say "thank you" and give them your insurance card.
I hope you have learned something here today!

Mickala

No comments: