Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Homemade Laundry Soap

I've found some awesome ideas on the Pinterest website, and have lots of stuff on my boards, but haven't actually done many of them.  Until today!  I decided as a money saver I was going to try making homemade laundry soap.  I used this recipe (for lack of a better word) from Being Creative.  I found all of the ingredients in the laundry isle at my local Wal-Mart and my total cost for everything was $15.57.

I can't wait to finish up with my current laundry soap so I can try this out. 

Another tip I got from a good friend is to use vinegar in your fabric softener ball.  It doesn't make your clothes smell, and works great, according to her.  I don't know if you can put it in the fabric softener dispenser in your washing machine though.  Does anyone else do this?

2 comments:

Karen said...

You can use the vinegar in the washer - just put it in the water of the rinse cycle - when it is full.That is how the softener ball works - opens with the rinse cycle.

Karen said...

Either works the same - vinegar in the rinse cycle or the ball that opens in the rinse cycle.